Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bumbo baby

In general, Emily must wield all her persuasive powers for me to approve a purchase of baby gear. I do not possess the gift of fine discernment that distinguishes the value of the bouncy seat from the papasan swing from the rainforest jumperoo from the tinylove playmat. Nor do I see why it is necessary to own five different baby carriers--though she assures me each one has a separate and distinct purpose (reminiscent of her excuses for having so many pairs of shoes).

Last weekend, we happed upon a rare moment wherein it was I persuading Emily to make an aquisition: the Bumbo chair. As some of you may be aware, I was a bit of a late bloomer as an infant. Though I caught up with my peers by the time I took my first math test, I was quite content not holding up my head until 9 months or walking until 18 (months, that is).

I feel that my life has been rather grand, but as a parent, you always want your children to achieve greater heights. So I have enlisted the help of the Bumbo in ensuring that Summer's sitting abilities far surpass my own.

1 comment:

Katie said...

dude we just bought one for luke too. he seems to like it ok but he sure does have a bobble-head when he's sitting in it.