Saturday, April 10, 2010

six years soundtrack

six years ago today found bryan and emily at their wedding, where bryan tossed emily’s garter into the crowd of single men as dave matthews (via CD) serenaded the couple with the less conventional choice, “crash into me.”

and during the ensuing six years of marital bliss, bryan and i have collected a number of non-traditional love songs (i.e., celine and olivia will likely never appear on our top 100) as representative of what it means to be “bryan and emily in love.”

here’s a sampling of six such ditties, along with their classically wheeler lyrics:

1. up all night by counting crows
[i’ve edited this one because bryan is under the impression that we have quite a few blog followers under the age of, like, ten; so to our more mature readers, listen to the song and infer for yourselves what our favorite line might be.]

2. as lovers go by dashboard confessional
being with you here makes me sane, i fear i’ll go crazy if you leave my side, you’ve got wit, you’ve got looks, you’ve got passion, but are you brave enough to leave with me tonight?

3. the way i am by ingrid michaelson
i love the way you call me baby, and you take me the way i am.

4. yellow by coldplay
your skin and bones turn in to something beautiful, you know for you i’d bleed myself dry.

5. crash into me by dave matthews band (gots to include our wedding song)
you’ve got your ball, you’ve got your chain, tied to me tight, tie me up again.

it was very difficult to pick this last track, r. kelly, goo goo dolls, alanis, and train were all vying for inclusion. however, in the end, i had to go with weezer. the first line of their song “photograph” is so very *bryan and emily* that it would be negligent for me not to include it.

6. photograph by weezer
if you want it, you can have it, but you’ve got to learn to reach out there and grab it.

No comments: