Sunday, August 09, 2009

Buzz Cut

Inspired by Colbert's visit to Iraq and seizing upon the opportunity afforded by the backpacking trip with the Scouts, I decided to drastically alter my hairstyle. Before Emily jumped in the shower on Saturday morning, I asked her where I should buzz my head. "Anywhere outside the house" came the reply.

When she finished her shower, this is how she found me:


She was suprised on two counts:

1. How could anyone screw up something so simple? Turns out shaving your head is much harder than it looks on TV.

2. When I asked where I should cut my hair, she assumed we would cut it together later that afternoon. I assumed it was obvious that it meant I would be cutting it immediately. Later, she remarked that my thought patterns were not unlike a certain toddler in our house.

After some help from Emily, this is how it turned out:


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks good, Bryan! Blaine recently did the same thing, although he lets me run the clippers.

Janelle said...

Very nice.

wheelerdealer said...

Bryan....you need to exploit the commercial possibilities of these shots. Imagine....these photos on the wall in every salon in America...a kind of anti-campaign establishing the perils of home beauty care. In the legal field, there is a mantra, "he who represents himself has a fool for a client". These pix could give the hair styling profession similar credibility. "He who coifs himself has a butcher for a client".