Saturday, May 24, 2008

summer parole

The infant phenomenon uttered her first word today. Unfortunately, we can't get her to repeat it. We were walking along the shores of Rattlesnake Lake. As we approached the lake side, Summer awoke from her motion induced nap and became very chatty. After I made an unremarkable comment about the mud surrounding the lake, it happened:  Summer said "mud."
 
Emily and I looked at each other with fear and amazement and immediately focused our intention on the babe. Regrettably, she has not spoken another word since. Because I fancy myself to be a scientist of sorts, I'm going to have to categorize this as a spurious result.
 
Fortunately, Summer's other feats of the day were well recorded. Behold her first hike and her first encounter with grass.

No comments: