Tuesday, November 01, 2011

the cat in the hat

now, you didn't think i'd send the girls out without a chaperon, did you?

We looked! Then we saw him step in on the mat! 
We looked! And we saw him! The Cat in the Hat!



 I will pick up the hook. You will see something new. Two things. 
And I call them Thing One and Thing Two.


 And they ran to us fast. They said, "How do you do? 
Would you like to shake hands With Thing One and Thing Two?"



 "Put me down!" said the fish. "This is no fun at all! 
Put me down!" said the fish. "I do NOT wish to fall."



Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! 
It is fun to have fun But you have to know how.

Happy Halloween from the Wheelers!

ps - because i got asked a lot while we were out, i did design and make all the costumes and accessories (the only thing i really wanted to get done but didn't was painting black stripes on the girls' tights). after being useless for so long, my brain and my two little hands were anxious to get back to work (uh, but note to bryan, they're not quite ready to cook dinner yet...)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Unreal! I'm so impressed. What fantastic getups. Thinking of you xoxo

Janelle said...

Nice job! I am impressed. We ended up with the stomach flu this weekend, so Halloween was a total bust. We never got a picture all together :( We'll live vicariously through your awesome costumes.

Katie said...

hands down favorite costumes i've seen for halloween 2011. and it's funny cause i just read that book to luke last night and don't get mad but it is the first time i've ever read it. so, as a new fan - i am really digging those costumes.
ps - good thinkin on the disclaimer about dinner too. :-)