Friday, December 18, 2009

lubby

at last, after waiting two full years (she is so like her father), summer loves me.

or so she finally says.

her term? lubby (a patented combination of "love" and "you").

she lubbies me in the morning, she lubbies me before bed, and she lubbies me as it strikes her fancy throughout the day.

but when does she lubby me most?

well, for all her mischievousness, summer HATES getting in trouble. so for example, like today, when she had her crayon privileges revoked *yet again* for gratuitously breaking her crayons in half, she just stood there, tears running down her cheeks, sobbing, “lubby! lubby!”

it's not so much that she wanted her crayons back (because despite my lecturing, she may still not quite understand what words like "privileges" and "revoked" actually mean), she just needs to feel lubbied.

don't we all.


No comments: