Tuesday, April 26, 2022

the grand canyon

fun fact about me: i was born in arizona. 

my father was stationed at fort huachuca arizona, and i love that i get to say that's where i was born. we would move shortly after my birth to fort lewis, washington, where my brother, kenny, was born (and where my early childhood memories begin), and then on to seoul, south korea where brother matt joined the family (for a complete arc to the story here, oldest brother, owen, née daniel, was born in fort ord, california).

but despite this important connection to the state, i've never seen the grand canyon! it's been on my bucket list for a long, long time, and i was thrilled to finagle a little jaunt from scottsdale up to spend a night near the canyon and a day hiking and exploring. even more thrilled that my parents were able to join.

still on the bucket list is a rim to rim to rim!

stayed tuned for bryan's birthday helicopter tour (otherwise known as dallin's expensive nap).






















No comments: